1. What is the GDPR?
The GDPR is data protection for citizens of the European Union developed to provide one unifying, streamlined set of rules about data. The GDPR took effect on 25 May 2018. The Sussex Association of Naval Officers (SANO) seeks to be GDPR compliant to the best of its ability.
Personal Data: Data relating to a living person and from which that person can be identified.
Data Subject: The person about whom personal data are processed.
Data Controller: The person or organisation who decides how the personal data are processed and for what purposes.
Processing: Anything done with/to personal data, including storage.
Data Processor: The person or organisation doing the data processing.
3. SANOís Executive Committee (EC) is the Data Controller and Data Processor (contact details below).
4. A SANO Member is a Data Subject and the EC complies with the GDPR by keeping his/her Personal Data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting the Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect Personal Data.
5. SANO EC processes a Memberís Personal Data for the following purposes: -
6. What are the legal bases for processing a SANO Memberís Personal Data?
7. Sharing a SANO Memberís Personal Data
A Memberís Personal Data will be treated as strictly confidential by the EC and will only ever be shared with other SANO Members for purposes connected with a SANO event. Personal Data will only be shared with a third party when required for access to a location as part of an organised visit (members/guestsí names and car details).
8. How long does SANO EC keep a Memberís Personal Data?
9. Rights associated with Personal Data
A Member has the following rights with respect to his/her Personal Data: -
10. Further Processing
If the EC wishes to use a Memberís Personal Data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then a new notice will be provided explaining this new use and setting out the relevant purposes and Processing conditions prior to commencing the Processing. Where and whenever necessary, the Memberís prior consent will be sought to the new Processing.
11. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the SANO Secretary:
Lt Cdr R Wright, CEng, MIET, RN
Chanctonbury View, Countryman Lane, Shipley, West Sussex, RH13 8PZ
Date approved by EC: June 2018
Date for review: January 2019